Dr. Vishal Patel was formally trained in Brasil for cosmetic and aesthetic surgery. He has mastered in Body Contouring, Breast Procedures, Lasers, Facial and Hair Treatments from Brasil. His international experience is operating on dark skin in Africa and fair skin at Brasil. This experience makes him a unique practitioner.
Professional Medical Education:
- He attended B.J. Medical College in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India as an undergraduate and received his M.B.B.S degree. Thereafter he did a one year rotating internship.
- He did his M.S. (General Surgery)` from N.H.L Medical College Ahmedabad.
His post graduate training/ internship was in surgical sub specialities like:
- Cardio – thoracic Surgery
- Burns & Plastic Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Casualty Management
- Abdominal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- After completion of 3 years of M.S. (General Surgery), he did his M.Ch. (Plastic Surgery) from B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad
His super speciality training was in plastic surgery sub specialities like:
- Hand Surgery
- Reconstruction in Limb Trauma
- Emergency Plastic Surgeries
- Maxillo – Facial Surgeries
- Cranio – Facial clefts
- Microvascular Surgeries
- He has done a fellowship in Cancer Reconstructive & Micro – vascular Surgery at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- He did a laboratory Course in Micro surgery Training Institute as per the prescribed curriculum as advised by Prof. Rob Acland, Louisville, USA – Father of Modern Micro – vascular Surgery.
- He has done a fellowship in Aesthetic Surgery, BRASIL, (CLINICA ATHENA, CURITIBA).
Specialist training in Cosmetic surgery from Brasil :
In Microvascular Reconstruction in the form of Free flaps in
- Oncologic Micro Reconstruction
- Trauma Micro Reconstruction.
- He has also done a fellowship in Aesthetic Surgery, London, U.K.
Previous Work Experience:
- One year rotating internship after completion of MBBS.
- Three year of residency in General Surgery.
- One term as Senior Registrar after General Surgery.
- Three year residency in Burns, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
- One year training in Micro vascular Services Unit TATA Hospital.
- Fellowship in Aesthetic surgery, Brasil.
- Part of organizing team NABICON (National Conference of Burn)
- Director, Indo Brasilan Aesthetic Surgery Centre, Ahmedabad, India
- Director, Plastic Surgery Services, Sterling Hospital, Ahmedabad, India
- Director, Plastic Surgery Department, Mediheal Group of Hospitals, Kenya
- Performed and assisted Micro vascular surgeries in Trauma & Oncology set up.
- Performed more than 4500 procedures till date including minors & majors.
- Performs cosmetic procedures on regular basis like :
- Breast Implants
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Reconstruction
- Otoplasty (Ear shape up)
- Scars over face
- Lip Augmentation & Reduction
- Shaping up after pregnancy
- Augmentation & Reduction of thighs
- Acne & its scar treatment
- Buttock Augmentation
- Body contouring after massive weight loss
- Dimple creation
- Surgery for Re-virgination
- Skin tightening (post bariatric)
- Fillers for face
- Tattoo Removal
- Facial implants
- Pre- Wedding Beautification (Bridal)
- Chin implants
- Hair Transplant
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Mesotherapy for hair growth
- Face lift
- Hair Restoration
- Brow lift
- Hair Treatment after chemotherapy
- Non-Surgical Body Contouring
- Non- surgical Inch Reduction
- Double Chin Reduction
- Jaw line Reduction
- Wrinkle Reduction
- Belly Reduction
- Micro surgical Breast reconstructions in Malignancies (National Conference of Plastic Surgery, 2006)
- Micro surgical reconstruction of Mid face defects. (Brasil)
- Micro surgical reconstruction of Lower third face defects. (Brasil)
- Pedicled Antero – Lateral thigh, a versatile flap. (Brasil)
- Breast reconstruction. (Brasil)
- History of Gluteal Augmentation. (Brasil)
- Gluteal augmentation, current scenario (National congress, 2007, Pune.)
- Electronic presentation in the national conference at APSICON – 2006, Hyderabad on “Micro – surgical reconstruction of Breast in malignancies.”
Membership of bodies:
- Member of I.S.R.M (Indian Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery)
- Member of A.P.S.I (Association of Plastic Surgeons of India)
Volunteers & Community activities:
- Attended Cleft lip / palate camps at the Public Health Centres.
- Attended the Reconstructive surgery camps held in the government hospitals organized by the Dept. of Health in Leprosy
- Attended and actively participated in Pulse Polio Immunisation.
Conferences & Workshop attended:
- NABICON 2003 – AHMEDABAD
- NABICON 2004 – LUCKNOW
- WORKSHOP MICRO – VASCULAR SURGERY – RAJKOT
- WORKSHOP MICRO – VASCULAR SURGERY – BARODA
- WORKSHOP MICRO – VASCULAR SURGERY & BURN RECONSTRUCTION – AHMEDABAD, 2003.
- WORKSHOP MICRO – VASCULAR SURGERY & BURN RECONSTRUCTION – AHMEDABAD, 2004.
- INDIAN SOCIETY OF RECONSTRUCTIVE MICRO – SURGERY (ISRM) 2006 – COIMBATORE
- LASERCON 2006 – AESTHETIC LASERS AT MUMBAI
- AESTHETICA 2006 – (FACE LIFT, BREAST IMPLANTS, BOTOX, DERMA FILLERS, MESOTHERAPY) etc at AHMEDABAD
- APSICON – 2006, HYDERABAD.
- APSICON – 2007, PUNE.
- 2nd INTERNATIONAL AESTHETIC SURGERY TUTORIALS 2007, MUMBAI.
- 7TH INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON VIDEO ENDOSCOPIC AESTHETIC SURGERY, BRASIL.
- 3rd INTERNATIONAL AESTHETIC SURGERY TUTORIALS 2008, MUMBAI.
- 4TH INTERNATIONAL AESTHETIC SURGERY TUTORIALS 2008, MUMBAI.
- WORKSHOP ON FACIAL AUGMENTATION, 2009, MUMBAI.
- HANDS ON TRAINING IN BOTOX, 2009, INDIA.
‘Indian Journal of Burns’.
In December 2004, Volume: 12, Issue – 01
- Topically applied autologous bone marrow in healing of chronic Non – healing raw areas.
- Comprehensive management of grossly malnourished child with old infected critical thermal Burns: A Case report. In December 2005, Volume: 13, Issue – 01
- Evaluation of outcome of short term recombinant Human Growth hormone therapy in burn patients.
- Current trends in Bacteriology of Burns in our Burn unit, Ahmedabad
- Epidemiological study of Burn patients in Burn centre, Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad.